I'm Here

So I made it to KC safely but got really sick on the way up. So basically all day Tuesday I just laid around and did nothing. I’m slowly getting better but that would be an awesome thing to pray for- full restoration of my health so I can give God the best of me. Wednesday was my first day here and I moved in and met all my roommates. There is plenty of space for everything I brought and the apartment is really old but really big. I have 4 roomates total. There are 2 in my room with me and 2 in the other room. We are all totally different. We look different, have different personalities, and different backgrounds. I’m really looking forward to seeing what God is going to orchestrate by putting us all together. I’m the oldest so I’m kinda like the mother figure but I got used to that with my Mercy Street girls. I kinda like it actually. I think I’m older than most of the guys too. They threw us into the schedule the first night we were here. We had to be in the prayer room from 12-2 but then we came back to the apt and did a meet and greet where they made sure to keep us up until 4 am. Then the next day we had the whole 12-6. That was rough! I kept falling asleep and it was probably the longest 6 hours of my life. But now that I’m getting the right amount of sleep I’m doing much better. We come home and have to be in bed lights out by 7am and then I normally sleep until between 1-4pm. Today I got up at 3:40pm. =) Our schedule has changed everyday and they are pretty disorganized but I kinda like that I am at the mercy of someone else. I don’t make any plans and they just tell us where to be and when each day. We also have to be there 10 minutes early which I love. We haven’t really started our classes yet. They would have started today but since it’s the first Mom-Wed of the month they do a fast and we are actually in the prayer room tonight and tomorrow from 8pm-6am straight. Pray for grace for that too! Wednesday is our Sabbath and the only thing we are required to do is be in the prayer room from 4-6am. Next week when classes start we have classes at 9pm. There’s going to be a Song of Solomon one, a Sermon on the Mount one, and Excellencies of Christ so I’m super excited about those. We have a core leader and she’s going to have us study the entire New Testament during this 3 months and we start this week with Luke. I’m super excited to have a plan and not just open up my Bible and read. Our food schedule has been really different each day too but I think this week we’re finally on what it will be. Breakfast is anywhere between 1-4:30pm. There’s just a little cart with cereal and bagels and stuff. Then there’s a meal at 6pm and the last one at 11pm. The cafeteria food isn’t too bad either. We got our service assignments yesterday. I clean the prayer room Sunday night at 12:15 and the kitchen Saturday night after lunch but then get this one- I’M DRIVING THE SHUTTLE BUS!! They don’t even train you or anything. You just get on and say I’m here to drive and they let you go. This has to be a God thing because you all know that would be the last thing I would have volunteered for. I drive back and forth from the FSM building every Saturday night from 9-midnight so please pray that I am aware of my surroundings and I don’t kill anyone. I still can’t believe it! You just know that God is sitting there laughing at me. I did not get to see fireworks. There were a couple in the sky at meal time but nothing compared to what I’m used to. I did get a nice little text with a firework that made me smile so thank you for that. You made my night =) If you want to call me the best time is probably between 4 and 9 pm. We actually have to turn our phones off when we are in class so if you call make sure you leave me a message or else I won’t see that you called. Feel free to email me too. We get internet at the apartment so I don’t have to lug my computer around everywhere. I guess that’s it. I promise they won’t all be this long. Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

LOL
I love it sister.... queen of the shuttle bus... I can't wait to come visit and jump on your bus girl!
Kelly R.

 

Love you love you! I miss and I'm so excited for your tree to grow! :) Keep us posted. Cheryl was all a twitter about her trip. Can't wait to get to you sometime soon. Miss you my friend!

 

Glad to hear you made it there safely. What did you get sick with? That is NO fun! Glad to hear that the sleep schedule is already getting easier...that would be so hard for me!....Hardy

 

What a schedule. It made my head spin just reading it! Can't wait to head up to KC and jump on the shuttle bus! Awesome!! God loves you, Amy, and so do I. ~kristen

 

P.S. post one more time & you'll beat Ginnette! ha!

 

Post a Comment