Adventures in Missouri...and Kansas

Kansas City living- where do I begin? Well the electricity was only out for 3 days and then we were all able to move back in. I’ve really enjoyed my time with my new roommates. Our schedules are kinda funny because they both work mornings at coffee shops and I am doing nights so they are basically getting up and leaving when I am coming in in the morning and they go to bed when I’m getting ready to go to the prayer room. So far it has actually worked out really well. It’s really fun when we are all 3 home together at the same time. However it looks like that’s pretty temporary. In August I was supposed to move out with the two girls who live in the basement with me into one of their friend’s houses. Well as it turns out, the girl overbooked and asked too many people thinking not all of them would say yes and unfortunately there was not room for me =( I was really bummed because I was really looking forward to living with them but tis life. Now I have to find new living arrangements. I have a couple of options. Student housing has a list of people who have rooms available in their houses and I a have emailed a few that sounded good and will see what happens there. The house I am currently in I can stay till November and one of the other girls is staying till November and if worse comes to worse I can just stay and then in November get an apartment with the other girl. It’s not my first choice though. Not because of the girl, just because I would like to be settled sooner than later. Currently I haven’t really unpacked anything except my clothes because there’s really no point if I’m just going to pack it all up again and move. I’m just ready to be settled and know that I can stay there for a significant amount of time. I swear I’ve moved more in the last year than I have moved in my entire life! But I’m not worried. It’s not looking the way I thought it would but what does these days? God knows where He wants me and who He wants me to live with and I trust that He will help me to make the right decision. Prayer for that would be great though!

Since I have a lot of free time I have been doing a lot of exploring the area. It’s really cool because we’re basically just right on the edge of Missouri and if you drive not far at all then you are in Kansas. There’s literally a street called State Line that separates them. So there’s a lot of options. Praise the Lamb for my GPS! Best birthday present ever! I would have gotten so lost around here without it. When I came with my mom and we were driving around just checking stuff out I got really excited about a new place to explore with new people and making new memories with those new people. My whole life has been in Katy and there are so many memories attached to that place. I’m ready to put the past in the past and move on with my future. Meet new people and make new memories.

I got more information about school and orientation and stuff and it looks like my whole first year I don’t get to do nights =( I thought it was just the semester but they revamped stuff this year and I guess that got changed. But after that, 2nd year through 4th year classes are from 3-5pm so it’s totally doable. Classes aren’t too early either. My first thing I have is 10-12 so I won’t have a big problem with that. The schedule is really packed out though which is good because I definitely appreciate the structure, but at the same time it’s really packed out. I think I'm gonna have to pack my lunch. My schedule looks like this:

Monday: 10-12 Class, 2:30-6pm Prayer Room
Tuesday 10-12 Class, 12:30-2pm Chapel, 2:30-6pm Prayer Room
Wednesday 10-12 Class, 12:30-2pm Discipleship Groups, 2:30-6pm Prayer Room
Thursday 10-12 Class, 12:30-2pm Practicum, 2:20-6pm Prayer Room
Friday 2-5pm Class, 6-11pm Awakening
Saturday 6-11pm Awakening
Sunday 6-8:30pm FCF (Church)

This is all I know right now. More to come after orientation...

0 comments:

Post a Comment